Monday, March 1, 2010

The Media and My Doubts

I find media is generally lackadaisical and often inaccurate on business and financial information and ideas. Always question the accuracy and slants you get on any subject related to such topics. No doubt they fail in most other areas with which I am not as familiar.

There are three basic reasons for my doubt about the accuracy and slant of the media.

One is the fact that most of the actual reports are not in-depth. Reporters or columnists may not have the time to devote to the topic or they are simply too lazy to get into the subject.

The second; many do not know their subject. It is difficult to adequately discuss business or finance without real hands-on business and/or financial experience.

And thirdly, the slant of most reporters and columnists who learn from college professors these days, have had a left-leaning bias thrust on them for a number of years. It shows in their career work. They have no idea how the real, day-to-day business and financial world works from the inside.

So my ingrained doubts persist. And I must screen continual errors and bias I find from what I see and hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment