Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sexual Harassment Suits are Costly

Experience as a major corporate employee-contractor taught me that treating employees well was good business. It kept them happier and they performed better.

I know that from experience. I am not a politician, who never truly creates real jobs. By the time I sold my interest in the company I created, I had over 10,000 permanent employees and well over 100,000 temporary workers at any given time.

I had also written instructions for my employees, to conform to Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission standards. To be certain they knew the ground rules about harassment at work.

Close to 100,000 complaints were filed by workers in 2008 on sexual discrimination of some sort. It can be bathroom issues of illicit advances, etc. based on gender.This can also be expensive because of attendant lawsuits.

Particularly for employers trying to overcome a deep recession when jobs are important.

It does make good business sense as well as decency to be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment