Friday, July 27, 2012

How Effective and Helpful Is Government?



Further to all the talk about how important the role of government is, in aiding business, especially the small business backbone of the country.

I started and operated an employee contracting company, which then expanded in the U.S. and Canada to 74 offices, by the time I sold my interest. I supplied personnel from clerks to nurses and even doctors.

And I competed directly with government agencies who supposedly were there to do much of the recruiting, training and assignments that my private company successfully did.

But we did it well where the government agencies foundered. They had all the advantages of taxpayer capital.. But we did a better job for the employees than they did, and we had operating profits for the 17 years I was at the company. Very few, if any, government agencies accomplish their mission, or operate in the black. (See the Earl J. Weinreb NewsHole® comments.)





No comments:

Post a Comment