Thursday, October 25, 2012

Why Not Special High Schools?

Readers know my position on the poor K-12 schools, as well as my feelings about the lax, ineffective education most colleges offer in their run-of-the-mill, time-consuming college courses.

My attention today is on the over 22,500 high schools who today turn out so many unfinished products, as well as drop-outs who never complete the easiest of work entailed.

I have always mentioned why high school grads with special achievements ought to get diplomas that note grade honors, to distinguish them from ho-hum students.

Then we should have more, better, specialized high schools as well. But we now have only about 165 of them. On this subject I recommend a book by Chester E. Finn and Jessica A. Hockett about schools where exams are needed to enter. (See the Earl J. Weinreb NewsHole® comments and @BusinessNewshole at twitter)




No comments:

Post a Comment