Monday, November 2, 2009

Entrepreneurs Are Not Starting Up New Business

In past recessionary cycles, many new businesses were started. More than half of the Fortune 2009 500 list of companies were begun in recessions or bear stock markets.

I started an employee contracting business during such a recession in the economy and stock market. With a single office, I soon had ten offices, with 74 around the country and in Canada, after 17 years, when I sold my company interest.

I employed well over 10,000 permanent employees, and a multiple of that number on a part-time basis.

All this without government stimulus or hand-out funds. The company had started from scratch with private capital and then sold stock to the public for additional financing. It made operating profits the years I was part of ownership and top management.

What we need today are more entrepreneurs starting up new business that creates real jobs, and less high-tax government standing in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment